inteliture.com
Google

Friday, January 18, 2008

Testing your site in different browsers

This post might seem a bit ackward to you because many of you may already be doing that. But not all of you. Here's what I want to tell you: Test your web site in as many browsers as you can. Don't ignore the lesser used web browsers because you don't want to disappoint any of your visitors.

Here's a lesson I learnt after I tested my blog in IE 6:

My sidebar was sliding below the content, the subscribe buttons that used to be at the top were being displayed at the wrong position i.e. at the right of my banner. Now I've corrected it and the sidebar shows up as I wanted in IE 6 but a bit broader in Firefox and Opera and the rest of the browsers.

Now, it was my stupidity not to do this before but i guess now its right. So, what did you learn? Don't forget to check your site in every web browser of the world (Don't forget Opera. I use it and it is number 3 on my Google analytics list).

No comments: